The Caregiver / Personal Care Attendant is a member of the home care team who performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The personal support worker is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Caregiver / Personal Care Attendant will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
- Bathing and Grooming, including oral care
- Assist with dressing and undressing
- Assist with toileting and incontinence care
- Assist clients who are unable to feed themselves, including meal preparation, menu planning and following any dietary restrictions
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Assist with ambulation and transferring
- Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Report any changes to the office; Document observed changes
- Medication Reminders
- Perform Light Housekeeping
- Change bed linens
- Assist with Laundry
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Provide transportation to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
- Ensure client’s rights and maintain confidentiality of their information
- Minimum of one (1) Year 'Paid' Experience Required (Personal Hygiene and Transfer Skills Mandatory).
- Able to Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Able to Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Physician Sign Off for a Pre-Employment Physical
- Current CPR Certification (Online Courses NOT Accepted)
- Negative TB Skin Test or Chest X-Ray Within the Last 6mos
- Means of OWN Reliable Transportation
- Valid CA Drivers License
- Current Auto Insurance
- Clean DMV Drivers Record
- Must be Able to Show Proof of Eligibility to Work Legally in the U.S.
- Internet Access and Knowledge
- Reliable Home/Cell Phone Communication.
- Works as a Team Member
- Ensures Confidentiality and Security of the Client’s Medical Information.BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- FLEXIBLE Scheduling - You Designate Your Own Days/Hours Available for Work
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (For Qualified Employees)
- Certificate and Recognition Programs
- Ongoing Caregiver Referral Bonus Programs
- Friendly/Supportive Managers
Job Types and Areas of Care: Caregiver, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA, Personal Care Attendant, PCA, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Certified Medication Technician, CMT, Geriatric Nursing Assistant, GNA, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Aide, NA, Private Duty Aide, Home Health Assistant, Certified Nurses Aide, Medical Assistant, Home Care, In-Home Care, Home Health Care, Personal Care, Companionship, Homemaker, Live-In Care, 24 Hour Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Home, Hospice Care, Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Care, Adult Day Care, Hospital
Job ID: 14539