Northgate Health and Rehab is looking for nurse aides the 2nd (3p – 11p) shift on a full-time basis. Applicants should be certified in the state of Texas, have high-energy and positive attitudes, and have a focus for serving customers! Full time employees accrue paid vacation and sick time, holiday pay, and benefits are available.
The Resident Care Specialist performs multiple care duties that contribute to the health, well- being and quality of life for the Residents of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Providing personal care and services to Residents including but not limited to the following:
1. Assisting residents with activities of daily living such as transferring, turning and positioning, giving showers, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting and ensuring residents are clean.
2. Obtaining vital signs and weights and monitoring food and liquid intake.
3. Delivering meal trays to residents, ensuring food is appropriate to the resident’s care plan, delivering alternate food selections when requested and providing a positive dining experience.
4. Escorting residents to participate in therapy sessions and activities.
5. Responding to resident and family needs respectfully and with a positive manner in all interactions.
6. Making daily rounds on assigned residents in accordance within established guidelines.
7. Accompanying residents with smoking privileges to designated smoking areas and supervising his or her smocking activity while there.
Completing assignments including but not limited to the following:
Reporting data in resident records consistently, accurately and in a timely manner.
Consistently and promptly reporting resident changes of condition per the InterAct process.
Complying with procedures for infection prevention including, but not limited to, hand washing, TB and Hepatitis B requirements and bloodborne pathogen regulations.
Following safety rules and requirements including lift and transfer procedures, hazard communication, electrical safety, slips, trips and falls policies, use of personal protective equipment and elopement procedures. (Examples: Must safely operate mechanical lifts, sit stand lift, gate belt, and meal and line carts, adjust beds and use shower equipment and wheelchairs.
Safely fulfilling all work assignments.
Accepting assignments not part of his/her normal scheduled responsibility as needed.
Safeguarding residents’’ protected health information.
Providing other services such as cleaning wheelchairs and resident areas as assigned.
Complying with al work rule policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
Contributing to a true team environment by cooperating and working well with co-workers.
Completing education requirements on a timely basis.
Complying with work rule policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
Job Types and Areas of Care: Caregiver, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA, Personal Care Attendant, PCA, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Certified Medication Technician, CMT, Geriatric Nursing Assistant, GNA, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Aide, NA, Private Duty Aide, Home Health Assistant, Certified Nurses Aide, Medical Assistant, Home Care, In-Home Care, Home Health Care, Personal Care, Companionship, Homemaker, Live-In Care, 24 Hour Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Home, Hospice Care, Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Care, Adult Day Care, Hospital
Job ID: 5869