Job Summary: Ally Independence is seeking a compassionate, hardworking In-Home CNA Caregiver. A CNA Caregiver with our company provides personal care, nonmedical services, and companionship for those who need assistance in caring for themselves. A successful candidate needs to have prior caregiving experience, as well as positive references demonstrating excellent care with previous clients. Ally Independence’s offices are located in Elk Grove, but our CNA Caregivers serve the communities in the greater Sacramento area. This position may require various shifts at various times (including nights, weekends, and sleep-over) in one or more work sites (varying client homes).
Job Duties: As a CNA Caregiver, this individual will be responsible for a multitude of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Following the care plan as directed by supervising nurse.
- Assisting with toileting, bathing and grooming, such as: shampooing hair, finger and toenail care, brushing teething, shower assistance, and more.
- Basic food preparation – From grocery shopping to actually preparing the food.
- Medication reminders – Caregivers must assure that medications are taken at the correct time as directed by the doctor.
- Light housekeeping –From making the bed, to laundry, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Transferring the client – This refers to transferring the client from chairs, from the toilet, from bed, and to and from a vehicle.
- Transportation – Escorting a client to doctor appointments, other appointments, running errands, etc.
- Monitoring changes in client’s health
- Companionship – Possibly the most important of all caregiver duties; lending an ear or providing a shoulder to lean on.
*The scope of the duties described in this document may not include all of the duties to be performed by the Caregiver, and are subject to change.
-Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification.
-High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
-Experience in personal caregiving (private home or facility).
-Current certificate in standard first aid and CPR.
-Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job. -Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
-Time management skills and able to work independently.
-Excellent communication and listening skills.
-Compassionate, patient, and caring nature.
-Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving.
*Priority given to those with at least one year's experience.
NOTE: All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check, DMV check, professional and personal reference checks, TB test, and drug tests.
Job Types and Areas of Care: Caregiver, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA, Personal Care Attendant, PCA, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Certified Medication Technician, CMT, Geriatric Nursing Assistant, GNA, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Aide, NA, Private Duty Aide, Home Health Assistant, Certified Nurses Aide, Medical Assistant, Home Care, In-Home Care, Home Health Care, Personal Care, Companionship, Homemaker, Live-In Care, 24 Hour Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Home, Hospice Care, Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Care, Adult Day Care, Hospital
Job ID: 4442