The Certified Nurse Assistant provides personal care, nursing assistance, and other assigned tasks to residents. This position provides direct resident care, assists in daily living activities, provides resident documentation and evaluation. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the supervising nurse or the Director of Nursing based on the evaluation of the resident’s needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Demonstrates comprehensive physical assessment skills for initial and follow up appraisal of resident status. Analyzes initial and on-going assessments in the development of the plan of care.
- Provides or assists residents in bathing/showering for thorough cleanliness and hygiene. Also provides or assists with grooming and hygiene of residents (i.e. shaving, oral hygiene, cleaning, trimming finger/toenails) in a safe and thorough manner on a daily basis.
- Makes beds, straightens rooms, and keeps resident care areas in an organized manner.
- Assists residents in dressing when needed and demonstrates concern for individual privacy while providing resident care.
- Provides safe resident transfers involving bed, wheelchair, chair and/or shower chair.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with toileting in a safe and thorough manner, as indicated in residents’ plan of care.
- Promotes independence in resident care as appropriate and demonstrates awareness of safety for both residents and the individuals providing care.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations as required.
- Assists residents with simple range of motion or other exercises as directed by nurse or therapist and ambulates residents safely according to his/her endurance levels.
- Applies medical or adaptive devices as ordered by the appropriate supervising nurse.
- Makes rounds to ensure residents’ safety, comfort, medical attention every hour or as required by the patient.
- Collects specimens as directed.
- Completes the weighing of each resident as required.
- Proper delivery of nourishments in a timely manner/ assisting as necessary.
- Participates in development of residents’ plan of care and follows current plan of care.
- Promptly reports a change in conditions of residents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and proper use of gloves, gowns, masks, eye protection and linen handling.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
May require proper use and knowledge of body mechanics and safety mechanics. Work may involve bending from the waist, stooping, twisting, and lifting of objects not to exceed 100 pounds (except with the use of appropriate equipment). Compliance with all OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) regulations is required.
High school graduation or G.E.D., preferred. Possession of a valid California Certified Nurse Assistant certification. Proficient ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Training and Experience:
Six months experience in providing personal care in a long term care facility preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Possesses knowledge in performing personal care services in a skilled nursing facility, and has the ability to meet new and/or stressful situations with the appropriate responses, to work effectively as part of a healthcare team, and to share information freely. Is able to use and seek supervision and consultation verbally and in writing, and to follow both verbal and written instructions.
ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Job Types and Areas of Care: Caregiver, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA, Personal Care Attendant, PCA, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Certified Medication Technician, CMT, Geriatric Nursing Assistant, GNA, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Aide, NA, Private Duty Aide, Home Health Assistant, Certified Nurses Aide, Medical Assistant, Home Care, In-Home Care, Home Health Care, Personal Care, Companionship, Homemaker, Live-In Care, 24 Hour Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Home, Hospice Care, Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Care, Adult Day Care, Hospital
Job ID: 4413