Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above.
- You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Sites.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address).
- Demographic information (such as zip code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender).
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We may collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to enact features on the Sites, such as the ability to pre-populate our registration form or a job application. CaregiverCareers provides software applications (“Apps") available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Apps, we will collect your profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names.
In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information We Share
Additionally, we may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data about our users and use such anonymous Aggregate Data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data" is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals.
Other than instances where users opt to publicly post their Personal Information to our resume database, provide it via a job application, include it in a job posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users' Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When posting jobs and resumes, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display. All users should be aware, however, that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties, for which CaregiverCareers is not responsible.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
We also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of CaregiverCareers or other users of the Sites.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of CaregiverCareers.
Resume Privacy Options
Posting your resume on the Sites puts you in front of many employers with open positions each day. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Sites in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
A “cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon," is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and CaregiverCareers encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. CaregiverCareers does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
In addition, some of the employers that use our Sites may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
Update Your Account Information
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your account, including your Personal Information and any resumes from our databases at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request. Deleting your account will remove your Personal Information and resumes from our databases. However, if you have applied to a job in the past, that particular employer will still be able to access your resume. Further, you will not be able to delete data held by third parties, such as prospective employers, that already have accessed and downloaded your information or resume. In addition, we will retain anonymous Aggregate Data for uses described above. Please allow up to thirty days to process your account deletion request.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by CaregiverCareers. In addition, if you are using our App through a social networking site, remember that our Apps may be served by or hosted by other sites. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by CaregiverCareers, any use of those sites, or those sites' privacy practices.
International Data Transfers
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information, such as potential employers, also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
How We Protect Personal Information
CaregiverCareers maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your CaregiverCareers account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your CaregiverCareers account user name or password via email.
Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide prospective employers.
- DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION, SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ON YOUR RESUME.
- CaregiverCareers Sites are open to the public, and we cannot guarantee all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information.
- Do not provide your social security number to a prospective employer.
- Job seekers should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
We use secure socket layer (or “SSL") technology to protect credit card transactions. The SSL technology encrypts credit card numbers while in transit so that they are not intercepted by unintended third parties.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Sites. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.